Organic Maple Sugar
Imparting a delicious maple flavor wherever it is used, Shiloh Farms Maple Sugar is a versatile, healthier alternative sweetener made entirely from pure maple syrup. The perfect natural substitute for sugar in any recipe, it is sweeter than cane sugar, so you only need substitute 2/3 cup of maple sugar for every 1 cup of granulated or brown sugar. From sprinkling over your cereal or yogurt, to sweetening up carrots and sweet potatoes, pure maple sugar will find endless applications in your kitchen.
How Maple Sugar is Made: Maple sugar is produced by boiling pure maple syrup to approximately 270° Farenheit to concentrate the sugars. As it cools, it is stirred, transforming it from a liquid solution into pure granulated maple sugar.
1. Use in place of white or brown sugar in cookies, muffins, breads, and desserts.
2. Sprinkle on cereal, oatmeal, or yogurt.
3. Use in coffee, tea, or lemonade.
4. Mix with Shiloh Farms Organic Cocoa Powder and steamed milk for a delicious maple-flavored hot cocoa.
5. Toss carrots, parsnips, or butternut squash in a little maple sugar before roasting for a delicious side dish.